Lerner Enterprises, Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developer and The Tower Companies, the largest Green Builders in the Nation’s Capital, both of Rockville, Maryland, are proud to announce the substantial completion of Washington Square’s multi-million dollar renovation. The renovation was designed by the Washington, D.C. office of Gensler Associates. HITT Contracting of Falls Church, Virginia is the general contractor for the project. The award winning 1,000,000 sq. ft. trophy-class landmark office tower is located at 1050 Connecticut Avenue at L Street, NW, in the heart of the Central Business District of Washington, D.C. The project was originally developed in 1982 by Lerner Enterprises and The Tower Companies.
“We are pleased to announce that we have achieved substantial completion of our major renovation at Washington Square,” stated Mark D. Lerner, a principal of Lerner Enterprises. “Our renovations introduce state of art technologies, an artfully designed contemporary and elegant lobby, and a thoughtful design throughout to welcome our current and future tenants and guests to our modern masterpiece in the Central Business District of Washington, D.C.,” he added. (To read Press Release - Click Here)
|Exterior renovations include:
- A frameless “Pilkington” glass storefront with full height glass entry doors and glass topped revolving doors that provide building access from both Connecticut Avenue and L Street. The atrium features eleven foot high - floor to ceiling - glass panels with architectural metal detailing.
- Illuminated architectural glass and stainless steel entrance canopies incorporate LED technology and highlight the entrances to the building.
- Streetscape improvements includes flamed granite sidewalk pavers which wrap the entire building perimeter, additional planter beds with mature landscaping framed by ornamental metal railings and additional bike racks.
- High definition audio visual displays and digital signage are installed on the lobby level and are visible to pedestrians.
Interior renovations include:
- An innovative lighting package incorporating energy efficient light fixtures, art lighting, and perimeter cove lighting in the atrium lobby, office lobby and the parking garage lobbies.
- A newly configured office/tenant elevator lobby with full height glass storefront and doors.
- Crème colored marble (Botticino) adorning the flooring, walls and security/concierge desk.
- Interactive touch screen directory and high definition flat panel televisions architecturally integrated into a glass feature wall.
- Three unique and colorful sculptures by glass artisans Dale Chihuly and Ray King, which provide a colorful punctuation to the office/tenant elevator lobby.
- The addition of a modernized security infrastructure and a new visitor access system.
Garage/valet entrance renovations include:
- A premium hotel style valet parking area and a new luxurious office lobby on the garage level with direct access to the building for visitors, tenants and retail patrons.
- Crème colored marble flooring (Botticino) on the floor walls and cashier’s booth.
- Finished ceiling, architectural lighting, green-scape and incorporation of indoor and outdoor heated seating lounges.
- Glass feature wall with integrated high definition flat panel televisions.
- Clear and visible garage entry sign and directional signs.
Concourse/lower level renovations include:
- Colorful back-painted glass wall panels with integrated artwork.
- The addition of several informal conversation areas with soft seating, accent lighting and high definition televisions which provides tenants and visitors with an informal area to work or relax around a renovated indoor water fountain.
Fitness center renovations include:
- A completely reconfigured and fully renovated Fitness Center with an open floor plan, hotel quality locker rooms, a private classroom/stretching area with dimmable lighting, a water feature, natural finish materials used throughout and an open ceiling.
- All new fitness equipment that includes easy to use strength training equipment, free weights and a variety of state of the art cardio machines with integrated LED displays and touch screen controls, iPod® connectivity and interactive “Virtual Trainer” software.
Office leasing is being performed by Brian F. Tucker and Brian R. Raher,
Cushman & Wakefield, suites from 20,000 sq. ft. up to 23,000 sq. ft. are available for occupancy in 2011 with up to 230,000 additional sq. ft. available in early 2013.